Here's some useful information to help you prepare once you've booked your visit.
- Log into our group booking portal to view and manage your booking.
- Please make sure the numbers on your booking are accurate. We can only permit entry on the day for the number of people booked.
- If you need to make changes to your order, please contact our Contact Centre at least 28 days before your visit.
- If you chose to pay by invoice, please ensure payment is made at least 28 days before your visit.
- Please see our booking terms for further information.
Safeguarding and risk assessment
- Please read our safeguarding information before your visit.
- To help you write your risk assessment, please refer to our risk assessment and hazard identification information, as well as our insurance confirmation documents (see 'Related links' in sidebar).
- Please ensure you bring enough adults to meet the required supervisory ratio of adults to children.
- Download a museum map to help you find your way around the museum.
- Visit our accessibility page for accessibility information. This includes getting around the museum and a visual story of the site.
- Download activities and trails to help you explore the museum with your group.
Arrival on the day
- There are no parking spaces for coaches or minibuses at the museum. All vehicles must depart after drop-off and return for pick-up.
- If travelling by public transport, our travel page may help. If coming by tram, you may want to contact TfGM about their Kid for a Quid offer.
- Your confirmation email contains your group's e-ticket. Please scan this on arrival to get into the museum.
Exploring the museum
- Children of all ages must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult during your visit.
- Your time exploring our galleries is self-guided—we cannot offer tour guides. Please see Museum Resources above to support your visit.
- If you have scheduled time in our galleries as part of your itinerary, please note this is not an exclusive booking and these spaces remain open to other visitors.
- The museum is a shared public space. Please remind your group to respect other visitors, exhibits and museum staff. Poor behaviour could mean that people are asked to leave.
- Some of our buildings and galleries are currently closed while our multi-million-pound restoration continues.
If you have any queries, you can get in touch with our Contact Centre on 033 0058 0058 or send an email.