Teachers, home educator groups and tour operators (if your group size is 20 or more) can book online.
For groups of fewer than 20 and all other groups (such as youth groups, community groups, Scouts and Girlguiding), please call our Contact Centre on 033 0058 0058.
Making your booking
We are currently booking for group visits through to July 2024. If you are looking to visit after this date sign up to our mailing list to be the first to know when bookings open.
To complete your online group booking, you will need:
- the date(s) when would like to visit
- which activities you'd like to book
- the number of adults and children in your group
- the age range of the children
- how you will pay for any charged activities (see below)
- any specific access needs
If you would like an indoor space where your group can eat packed lunches:
- Groups visiting on a Monday to Friday during term time must add 'picnic space' to itineraries when booking.
- On weekends and school holidays the picnic space cannot be booked. It is shared with general visitors and is available on a drop-in basis.
The picnic space is the only indoor area at the museum where you can eat packed lunches. Food and drink is not permitted within our galleries, due to the conservation of our historic objects.
A small outdoor picnic area is also available, on a drop-in basis.
Booking activities online
When booking online, the available activities shown are based on the age range of your group.
If you don't see activities for your desired date:
- you may have selected a day the museum is closed
- the activity may be fully booked
- the activity may not be taking place on your chosen dates
- the activity may not be suitable for the age range of your group
Payment for charged activities
If your itinerary includes charged activities, you must make payment ahead of your visit. This can be done by invoice (see below), credit or debit card.
Formal education organisations can choose to pay by invoice. This incurs a non-refundable £25 processing fee. Please get approval from your organisation if you wish to use this option.
Depending how far ahead your visit is you may be able to put your booking on hold before deciding how to pay. Otherwise, payment is required immediately to complete your booking.
- Please view our full booking terms and conditions.