Find out everything you need to know about accessibility and facilities at the Science and Industry Museum.
Please note: not all of our spaces are currently open. To discuss any specific access requirements or request any additional information to support your visit, please call 033 0058 0058.
- There are 3 blue badge parking spaces in front of the museum on Lower Byrom Street.
- Smooth paths connect all of our buildings for easier pram and wheelchair access.
- There is step-free access to all floors of our multi-level buildings.
- We can lend you a wheelchair or a collapsible chair—just ask at the information desk.
- Storage for specialist medical/accessibility equipment is also available—just ask at the information desk.
- We are a breastfeeding-friendly museum.
- We have a quiet room in the New Warehouse (subject to availability).
- We have a buggy park next to our main entrance—though please take any valuable items with you as we don’t secure this area.
- Working guide and assistance animals are welcome at the museum. They should be appropriately trained, supervised and kept with you at all times, ideally on a leash. Where possible, dog owners should bring their Assistance Dogs UK (ADUK) identification book and animals should wear the appropriate tabards or harness, but this is not a requirement for entry. If you plan to visit with an animal other than an assistance dog, please get in touch to discuss your request with us.
- There is a hearing loop in the New Warehouse.
- There is a Changing Places Toilet on Level 1 of the New Warehouse, by the Bistro toilets. It is equipped with hoist, changing bench and centrally located toilet. The toilet is accessible with a RADAR key. If you have forgotten your key please ask a member of staff for access. Full details can be found on the Changing Places Toilet Map.
- We welcome and support visitors who choose to wear a Sunflower item as part of the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower scheme. Please note that we do not provide Sunflower items. Find out more about the scheme on the Hidden Disabilities website.
- We offer free personal assistant/carer tickets for our paid for events and exhibitions. These are available to book online, by phone on 033 0058 0058 or in person on the day of your visit. Contact us if you have any questions.