Find out everything you need to know about accessibility and facilities at the Science and Industry Museum.
Please note: not all of our spaces are currently open. To discuss any specific access requirements or request any additional information to support your visit, please call 0800 047 8124.
- There are 3 blue badge parking spaces in front of the museum on Lower Byrom Street.
- Smooth paths connect all of our buildings for easier pram and wheelchair access.
- You can collect a large print version of our daily What's On guide at the information desk.
- There is step-free access to all floors of our multi-level buildings.
- We can lend you a wheelchair or a collapsible chair—just ask at the information desk.
- Storage for specialist medical/accessibility equipment is also available—just ask at the information desk.
- We are a breastfeeding-friendly museum.
- We have a buggy park next to our main entrance—though please take any valuable items with you as we don’t secure this area.
- Assistance dogs are welcome. Ask us for a water bowl.
- There is a hearing loop in the New Warehouse.
- Familiarisation images are available to download ahead of your visit.
- We welcome and support visitors who choose to wear a Sunflower item as part of the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower scheme. Please note that we do not provide Sunflower items. Find out more about the scheme on the Hidden Disabilities website.
- We offer free personal assistant/carer tickets for our paid for events and exhibitions. These are available to book online, by phone on 0800 047 8124 or in person on the day of your visit. Contact us if you have any questions.