Dive headfirst into the digestive system for an unforgettable journey of super-sized science with Operation Ouch! Food, Poo and You.
Get ready for a special mission to find out what happens to food when we eat.
Guided by videos and illustrations of our hosts Dr Chris, Dr Xand and Dr Ronx, prepare to be shrunk, swallowed and squeezed through Dr Xand's digestive system.
From the tip of the tongue to the end of the bum, explore the role of each organ in the digestive journey through interactive games and challenges, fun facts and fascinating objects from the Science Museum Group's collection.
- Enter the mouth and play in a set of giant teeth to find out why our teeth are different shapes.
- Bop the bad bacteria as quickly as you can in the stomach.
- Meet Larry the Vomiting Robot, who helped scientists understand how bacteria and viruses in our vomit spread and make people sick.
- Take a walk through the villi in the small intestine, then see if you can hit the high score in the nutrient toss.
- Discover the surprising science behind tummy rumbles and bottom grumbles.
- Chill out and soak up the atmosphere in the appendix.
- Spin the wheel on the poo-duction line and guess the smells in the stink chamber.
- Put on a poo hat and prepare to get flushed down a giant toilet!
- Step back into the real world and explore the Doctors' super-secret lab, packed with incredible experiments, games and surprises.
Operation Ouch! Food, Poo and You brings the hit BBC Children's TV series to life for the first time as a world premiere exhibition experience. Don't miss out, book your tickets now.
Never seen the show before? All episodes are available to watch on BBC iPlayer now.
The exhibition has been developed by the Science and Industry Museum and produced in collaboration with BBC and 141 Productions, part of All3Media's Objective Media Group.
Looking for the perfect gift?
Give the gift of an unforgettable experience with a voucher to Operation Ouch! Food, Poo and You. Find out more.
Explore our range of interactive and entertaining Operation Ouch!-inspired toys, games, kits and experiments available to buy online and in the Science and Industry Museum shop.
Inside Operation Ouch!
All images: Science Museum Group © The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum
Sunday 12 May 2024, 10.00–12.00 – Book now
These sensory friendly sessions are specially designed for those who prefer an adjusted environment.
At these times, Operation Ouch! Food, Poo and You will have a smaller capacity, with adjusted sound levels throughout the exhibition. There will also be additional sensory activities to enjoy with our Explainers.
Bring your pre-schooler(s) to enjoy a voyage of discovery through the digestive system with these Experitots sessions in Operation Ouch! Food, Poo and You.
Designed especially for those with children under five, you and your family will get the chance to explore the exhibition with support from our friendly Explainer team and enjoy some additional activities, all of which will be suitable for younger children, from babes in arms to toddlers.