Discover the incredible story of the Sun in our new blockbuster exhibition.
Feel the heat at our indoor beach, stand in the middle of a solar storm and watch the sun rise over Antarctica as we bring the science behind the Sun to life.
From an ancient Scandinavian sun horse to Jimmy Carter's solar panels from the White House, The Sun tells the story of our ever-changing relationship with our closest star.
If you're visiting with children, pick up a trail and guide yourself through the exhibition with games and challenges.
We have a number of Sun-related activities taking place at the museum to coincide with our new exhibition. More information on each on will be available closer to the date.
- 20 July – 1 September: Summer of Fun holiday programme
- 10 August: Pi: Platform for Investigation – Powered by Siemens
- 17–18 August: Sun Playground
- September–December: Weekend workshops
- 28 October – 3 November: Sun workshops
- 27 November: The Sun: Late (over 18s only)
To be the first to know more about these special events, sign up to our newsletter.
Header image credit: NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center/Scott Wiessinger